About the SVCN Library
The Central library of Sree Venkateswara College of Engineering is the soul of the institution and it acquires, processes, preserves and disseminates information to the user community with the motto of empowering knowledge. The plinth area of the library building is about 401.14 sq.Mts. Seating capacity for 150 users at a time. The Library and Information Centre consists a Reference Section, Circulation Section, Periodical Section, Book Bank and Digital Library.
The online bibliography database of the college library can be accessed through internet to search any particular title using the author’s name, keyword or title itself.
The library always encourages all students and faculty to recommend new books in order to strengthen their collection. The students and faculty members can also suggest new titles by completing necessary formalities through Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
The Library opens to the students and staff from 8.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. on all working days.
The library has 1645 titles and 14547 volumes including reference and text books. Books are arranged on open shelves for easy search and retrieval purposes.
While most of the books that are available in the library can be issued to the students/faculty and some of the books are kept exclusively for reference purposes. The reference books can be photocopied.
Library has subscribed newspapers both in English and Telugu languages, so that the students can read as per their comfort.
Library has been subscribing Online Journals Packages DELNET, Taylor & Francis and J-GATE for Engineering & Technology. Students and Faculty members can access anywhere in the campus during college hours.
- Library provides photocopying services to the faculty and students.
- Faculty and students can retrieve online information relating to all academic activities from the dedicated terminals situated in the library under digital library programme.
- Online database is arranged through Local Area Network (LAN) for students and faculty members.
- Library documents can be borrowed for home use normally during the lending hours as specified by the librarian. Library issues books up to one hour before the closing time and the book must be returned from the first hour of the opening of the library on the next day. The students can borrow two books from library.
- Library issue books which in the opinion of the Librarian are not in good condition shall not be issued for home reading.
- Library books taken by the students will be checked at check point to ensure the actual
The following charges shall be recovered for each library books after the decided period of loan from the borrower.
- i. Text Books: Re. 1/- per day during overdue.
The member shall report immediately to the Librarian for loss of any library books borrowed from the library. The following charges shall be recovered for the loss of library books
- i. General book: Replacement or the current price to be paid
- ii. Text book and reference book: Replacement or current price to be paid.